Despite what some beauty blogs and social media sites’s sharing, most skin woes does not have a magical fix.
Here are some of the truths regarding online skin care remedies.
1. To wash your face multiple times a day may cause dryness.
• Washing multiple times daily actually causes dryness and irritation.
2. Not everyone needs a toner.
• Although Toners can help, but over-drying and irritation is a concern
3. Cellulite creams will not firm the skin.
• The results are inconsistent, minor and temporary, if experienced.
4. Lemon juice is not a great treatment for blackheads.
• Lemon juice can be more irritating rather than helpful, and it can cause serious burning to the skin when exposed to sunlight.
5. Be careful on pimple remedies.
• Determine your skin type. The best solution is to use a product that’s actually designed for your skin and acne.
6 Not all expensive products are better.
• Vaseline or other inexpensive moisturizers work just as well than products that might be endorsed by celebrities. It all depends on your type of skin acne.
7. Egg whites don’t shrink pores.
• Egg whites won’t do much but might make your skin feel tighter just by drying and sitting on your skin,
8. The SPF in makeup or moisturizer may not be enough.
• Most tinted moisturizers contain an SPF of 15 or 20. One should look for products that provide a broader spectrum with at least 30 SPF coverage.
9. Coconut oil may not make wrinkles disappear.
• Though it can be an effective moisturizer, it cannot relieve pre-existing wrinkles or age spots
10. Calamine though can dry a pimple.
• It’s sulfur-based and drying
11. Do not use Hand sanitizer to tone down oily skin.
• Hand sanitizers contain alcohol or triclosan as an antiseptic, and it doesn’t work against acne.
12. Toothpaste can only irritate a pimple.
• Never use Toothpaste on a pimple as it can actually be very irritating to the skin, causing redness and peeling.
13. When to start anti-aging products?
• The facial aging process is influenced by a combination of factors, genetics, environment and behaviors. Everyone is different from one another. To prevent signs of aging, taking care of your skin is important. Tt’s recommended to use a daily facial sunscreen.